School Board Candidates
- 30-Year Resident of Havertown
- 3 Grown Adult Children, all product of Haverford Schools.
- 34-Year Professional Post-Secondary Administration Technology
- 16-Year Former Board Member
- DCIU Representative 2015-2017
- Successful Completion
- 2 Elementary Schools, 63M Middle School Renovation
- Planned and completed state-of-the-art Maintenance and Transportation Center
- Worked with transportation developing a clean fuel (propane) bus replacement program
- 5-Year Resident of Havertown
- Proud father of three daughters, all of which attend school in the Haverford district.
- Member of the Pennsylvania Air National Guard
- Student After Care: My goal is to work with the community and the district to reintroduce a new and improved after care program for working families.
- Diversity & Inclusion: I would like to improve our school district’s diversity coordination position. It should be more accessible to the community, students and educators to foster a more inclusive and well balanced education.
- Better Communication: It is my goal to work with our educators, administrators and the community to establish clear and direct methods of informing our families and students of everything education related.
- Art & Music Programs: I oppose limiting or defunding these programs within our district.
- Solar Power: With over 15 years of construction management experience, my goal is to provide solar power for all Haverford School District buildings at or near a zero dollar net cost to the district. This lowers our energy footprint and places Haverford as a leader and pioneer in green education.
- Financial Stability: I will work directly with legislators to secure increased funding for our district, while working to balance and stabilize existing funds. I will use my 15+ years of construction experience to ensure the current construction and facility renovations have the funds they need while remaining cost effective and come in on or under budget.
A Lifetime of Service to Haverford Township and its Schools
- Proud graduate and parent of graduates of Haverford School District Schools
- Haverford Township School District Education Foundation: Proud past president and current board member. The only organization solely dedicated to funding innovative learning opportunities for the District.
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy: Executive Director. A year-long life changing program for middle and high school children that helps them start their own businesses.
- Women’s Yellow Pages: Founder and Publisher
- Women’s Business Development Center: Co-Founder
- Delco Chamber of Commerce Athena Award
- US Small Business Administration Region III Women In Business Champion
- School District of Haverford Township Humanitarian Award
- Intra-District Council, Haverford School District: Past President
- Haverford Area YMCA Advisory Board
- Philadelphia Business Journal’s Women of Distinction Award
- Greater Philadelphia Girl Scouts: Women of Achievement Award
A Haverford Township resident for 20 years, Josh Rudegeair worked for several years at the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, and helped ensure Haverford schools received record amounts of funding.
Now, he hopes to bring his experience working with the state government and love of our community to the Haverford school board.
Ensuring Haverford schools continue to get the funding they need, and putting common sense solutions over partisan politics are his top priorities.
Edward F. Sweeney
As a resident of Haverford Township for 25 years, and an Employee of the Haverford School District for just over 36 years, Edward is looking to continue his service to the community and school district.
Ed Sweeney is the proud father of 3 Haverford High Graduates who have also all been committed to civic duties to include Police, Fire, Military and the Special Olympics. During his 36-year tenure with the school district Ed served as President of the Haverford Township Professional Support Association, as well as later on as a consultant. He also served as Coach for the Manoa Elementary track team, as well as the Haverford Middle School football team.
Throughout Haverford Township, Ed was a founding member of the Haverford Youth Football League and brought a wealth of knowledge to the organization and business aspects of this organization through his experience as President of the Marple Junior Tigers. Ed seeks to bring a common sense approach in providing the best educational opportunities to the children of Haverford Township.